We are digitizing some 500 pages of the *Diccionario Griego-Espaņol*. This
task is quite difficult because the letters are small (7.5) and our text is
a mix of Greek, Spanish and all kind of abbreviations, numbers, etc. After
several trials of different softwares, we chose FineReader 9. Anagnostis
seemed to be quite pointless for our work, because I can remember it was
impossible to configure this program in order to recognize at the same time
Ancient Greek and a modern language. After a long and tedious training of
FineReader, we managed to obtain a recognition quite satisfactory (maybe
we've reached some 85% of effectiveness for the Greek), but a manual
revision remained necessary.

Sabine Thuillier

Diccionario Griego-Espaņol
CCHS - CSIC - Madrid