I 've used earlier versions of FineReader with little success (heavy amount
of manual editing was necessary to achieve good results). Having played
around with a demo of Anagnostis a bit, I don't think it is much better. It
seems to me that Dan's suggestion might be the best for what you are
describing.

Notis

--
Dr. Notis Toufexis