After having a similar problem I was told that new guidance was imminent called ‘Choices of Materials for Brownfield Site’ developed by UKWirs(?).  Apparently it will be published in the next few months

David Dunkley B.Sc. (Hons)., CEnv, M.S.E.E.

Senior Geo-environmental Engineer

Cedar Barn

t: 01604 781877

White Lodge

f: 01604 781007

Walgrave

m: 07900 006688

Northamptonshire

e: [log in to unmask]

NN6 9PY

w: www.soiltechnics.net

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged or prohibited from disclosure and unauthorised use. It is intended solely for the addressee, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering such materials to the addressee, and access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon this message or its attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful. At present the integrity of e-mail across the Internet cannot be guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk. We will therefore not accept liability for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium.