Dear list,

We're currently considering setting up a clinical librarian service (the model we are following is sitting in on patient discussions at team meetings) but have had some questions raised by our Caldicott guardian. Our Caldicott guardian feels that because the clinical librarian is "not involved in the delivery of care, nor a historical part of the multi-disciplinary team" that we would have to gain consent from each individual patient for the involvement of the clinical librarian. Does anyone have any advice, documentation or evidence that this explicit consent is not necessary, or indeed that the opposite is true and actually that it is necessary?

Kind regards,

Daniel Croft
Librarian
Tel: (01865) 738147
Fax: (01865) 738146

Girdlestone Memorial Library, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LD

Visit the NOC Library's website<http://www.noclibrary.wordpress.com> for all the information you need about what we can do for you.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Recipients should be aware that all emails received by this Trust are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to a third party.