Dear all,

I'm currently trying to identify existing controlled vocabularies/taxonomies for description around inclusion of learners with different needs (at primary and secondary level- but other vocabularies are of interest).  If you have such a vocabulary that is openly available for reuse, please read on!

I've currently used the Lexaurus Bank (http://public.lexaurus.net/ which used to be the Becta Vocabulary Bank - oh how I wish they'd funded this as a proper service because even as it is, it's been SO helpful- yay registries!) to identify vocabularies from QCA, QIA (LSIS), NDRB and Curriculum Online.  So I'm looking for any *other* vocabularies.  Probably UK-only as this is the type of area that tends to be very jurisdiction-specific (but if you fancy sending me a non-UK vocabulary I'm sure it would be of interest for later collation).

Just to be clear, I'm looking for vocabularies that describe learner attributes such as their Special Educational Needs (SEN - disabilities, learning difficulties, etc. etc.), and things like ethnicity, social class and gender.

Please email me off-list and I'll collate for the list later.

Many thanks
Sarah

--
Sarah Currier

Sarah Currier Consultancy Ltd.

EdTech | Resource Sharing | Web 2.0 | Metadata | Repositories
w: http://www.sarahcurrier.com/
e: [log in to unmask]
t: +44 (0)7980855801

LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/sarahcurrier