A post-doctoral position is available in the “Structural Motility” Team directed by Dr. Anne Houdusse at the Curie Institute, Paris, France.

Our research project includes structural studies of molecular motors in close collaboration with functional studies.

Our goal is to understand how these motors function, are regulated and recruited by specific partners in the cell.

Myosins are molecular motors that convert chemical energy into mechanical energy. The structures for a number of states for two unconventional motors myosin V and myosin VI have been obtained in the laboratory. Since myosin V and VI move in opposite direction along actin filaments, we have also described the structural elements that are essential for determining the directionality of these molecular motors. Other members of the family also adopt atypical motility will be the focus of future studies in the laboratory. Our structural studies on myosin motors have opened the door to new experiments that directly aim at understanding how force is produced in the motor and we are looking for a trained crystallographer to perform a number of structural studies using innovative approaches.

Publications :

Ménétrey, J., et al. 2005. Nature (London) 435:779-85.

Ménétrey, J., et al. 2007.  Cell 131:300-308.

Ménétrey, J., et al. 2008. EMBO J. 27:244-52.

Mukherjea M, et al. Molecular Cell, 5:305-15.

To apply, you must have a Ph.D. in protein x-ray crystallography; and be highly experienced in protein crystallization, protein and crystal handling, data collection using synchrotron and structure determination and refinement. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a prerequisite.

Interested candidates should send a CV and three letters of recommandation at Anne Houdusse ([log in to unmask])

http://www.curie.fr/recherche/themes/detail_equipe.cfm/lang/_fr/id_equipe/27.htm

Dr. Anne Houdusse
Group Leader for the Structural Motility team
Directeur de Recherche CNRS - UMR 144 du CNRS

INSTITUT CURIE - Section de recherche

26, rue d'ULM
75248 Paris cedex 05
Tel: 33- 1- 56-24-63-95    Fax: 33- 1- 56-24-63-19