Dear All,

I am trying to calculate BSA  (Buried surface area) for a protein complex. I am using CCP4 AreaIMol.
I used Accessible surface area module and calculate areas for  " protein atoms only"

I know that the buried surface area  (BSA) can be calculated as: BSA = ASA(A) + ASA(B) - ASA(AB)  when two proteins A and B form a complex AB

So when I run areaIMol for complex AB using AB.pdb, I get
 Total area of chain A
 Total area of chain A
 Total area
 Total contact area of chain A
 Total contact area of chain A
 Total contact area

So,
How do I get my BSA?
Do I need to split PDB in to individual chains to get Accessible surface area for each chain [ ASA(A) and  ASA(B)]?
Is the total area I got above is the ASA (AB)?
Are there are any applications which could help get BSA
PISA server giver ASA for each interface and total, so how could I use them to calculate BSA?

Thanks in advance
Yogi