Hi Greg,

If you want manual control over user-defined restraints, which I've found
helpful when dealing with low-resolution structures, ResDe might help. You
can define restraints in PyMol and then save the restraint file in the
refmac format. I hope if helps. Here is the link:
http://pymolwiki.org/index.php/ResDe

Bradley

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Gregory Bowman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Hi -
>
> I am refining a low (3.7Å) structure with refmac(5.5.0091), and am having
> trouble maintaining some secondary structure elements. I would like to
> restrain the H-bonding in clear secondary structural elements, which should
> help prevent carbonyls in helices from flipping out, etc, but have not had
> success doing this so far. As I understand it, it is not correct to put a
> LINK restraint for hydrogen bonds in refmac, and instead the HYDBND keyword
> should be used. How do we specify these HYDBND restraints (putting them in
> the header of XYZIN doesn't seem to work), and is there a (simple) way to
> decrease the tolerance for breaking these bonds?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg
>
>  --
> Department of Biophysics