Some afterthoughts:
Of course avoid the common MR problems - assigning wrong SG, saturating
low resolution data etc etc..

1) Any sequence search tool might have told you there was only a poor
match available. 23% is very marginal for MR and with that degree of
similarity you are very wise to start searching for exptl phase methods.
However it is sometimes possible to get an MR solution which can at
least be helpful as a guide while you build your model into the dexptlly
phased map!

BALBES does a very good job at analysing likely models - could your
sequence suggestr a multimer? are there domains which fit well? etc etc.

Then there are the other methods which can give answers - aligning
multiple models, doing homology modelling etc. But even if you found a
reasonable solution rebuilding and refinement can be difficult - much
easier to have some exptl phases to guide that..

   Eleanor