Hi Matthew,

TEV is probably the least robust protease among those commonly used for tag
removal. Here¡¯s a common unit definition of TEV. One unit (corresponding to
0.1 ug TurboTEV) cleaves ¡Ý85% of 3 ¦Ìg control substrate in 1 hour at 30C.
You need to use really a lot of TEV. Information collected from our
customers shows large variation in quality of home-made TEV proteases. Some
used 1:5 w:w ratio.

Adding a little bit EDTA to Ni pool helps TEV digestion. You can find a
general protocol at http://www.accelagen.com/TurboTEV-protocol.htm.

Cheers,

Chun

Accelagen