Dear all,

Sorry for this silly biochemistory question.  Thing is that I have a reversible epimerase and I want to mutate it into an inreversible one. However, I have been told that the ΔG of a reversible reaction is zero. Which direction the reaction goes depends only on the concentration of the substrate.  So the conclusion is,

A: I can mutate the epimerase into an inreversible one. But it has no influence on the reaction direction, and hence it has little mean.

B: There is no way to change a reversible epimerase into an inversible one.

Could somebody please give me some comment on the two conclution?

Thank you all for your time.

Best,

Vinson