Hi Andy,

The way I'd do it would be to add an item on the page above the test item. This item would just be an instruction to sit the test again. Then set an adaptive release rule to make that item available to only those students who failed the test. After the test, those students not passing it would read the item. Easy!!

Here's a note from the Bb refereence. It explains the sort of thing that these rules can be used for -

Once any Adaptive Release rules have been established for an item, visibility of that item is restricted to those users who meet the criteria of those rules.

For example, the Instructor creates a content item called “Introduction” and makes the item available in Course Documents. At this point, all Course users would be able to see Introduction. The Instructor then creates a rule restricting the item to Group A users. Now, only members of Group A can see Introduction—all other Course users (who are not a member of Group A) do not see Introduction. The Instructor then adds other criteria to this rule, restricting it to Group A members who have received at least an 80 on Test #1. Now, only members of Group A who have also received an 80 or greater on the Test #1 will see Introduction. All other Course users, including Group A members who scored less than an 80 on the Pre-Test, will not see Introduction.

Hope that's useful.

Gerard.

Gerard Elder
VLE Systems Development Officer