From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Broadhurst, Mike
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Throat microphone

Hi

Any ideas please - a high level spinal injury patient needs access to a nurse call system. He doesn't have a reliable switch site but does have some voice.  Does anyone know of a throat or lip microphone operated, switch output device?  If we can source this we can interface it to the nurse call system.

Thanks
Mike Broadhurst

mailto:[log in to unmask]
Michael Broadhurst
Head of Bioengineering
Regional Medical Physics Department
Newcastle General Hospital
Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 6BE
Tel: 0191 233 6161 ext 22192

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this e-mail and any attachments immediately and notify the sender.  The views expressed by the sender may not be the views of the Regional Medical Physics Department.

Please note that any email correspondence identifying clients will be filed in the client record.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail