Could people reply on list re. microfilming companies or alternatively perhaps Caroline could collate this info?

Our traditional sources having dried up, we are trying to find another feasible microfilming solution and it would be useful to hear who people have been using (even if actual "recommendations" are deemed inappropriate).

Regards

Steven Davies
Archivist / Archifydd
Flintshire Record Office / Archifdy Sir y Fflint
Tel./Ffôn: (01244) 532414

Caroline Lam <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "Archivists, conservators and records managers." <[log in to unmask]>

07/05/2010 10:07
Please respond to
Caroline Lam <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Digitisation v microfilming

Hello All

This subject has probably been posted many times before but I'm looking into getting a large number (c.8 x four drawer filing cabinets full) of membership forms either digitised or microfilmed.  I'm leaning towards microfilming as an option as, although it is more old fashioned, it is a tried and tested format which has a longer preservation lifespan.  Has anyone else been faced with a similar quandary?

Also could anyone recommend any digitisation or microfilming companies they've used in the past?

Regards

Caroline Lam

Opinions advice, conclusions and other information in this

message that do not relate to the official business of

Flintshire County Council shall be understood as neither

given nor endorsed by it or on its behalf, and consequently

Flintshire County Council shall bear no responsibility

whatsoever in respect thereof.

Deellir na fydd unrhyw safbwyntiau, na chynghorion, na

chasgliadau nac unrhyw wybodaeth arall yn y neges hon,

nad ydynt yn berthnasol i waith swyddogol

Cyngor Sir y Fflint, yn cael eu cynnig na'u cadarnhau ganddo

nac ar ei ran, ac felly ni fydd Cyngor Sir y Fflint yn derbyn

unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am y rhannau hynny o'r neges.