so here is the solution. I've created a Yahoo group called RAINbyte. the url is contained in my sigblock. this is a newsletter style yahoo group. I post you receive. If you join you will need a yahoo id to access the group's webpage. you can with your yahoo id specify if you want individual messages as they are posted or a daily digest containing all of that day's messages. No replies allowed. And you can associate your Yahoo ID to whatever email address you want RAINbytes delivered to. It is up to you.

for those who prefer twitter (and many have started to follow me) I will still use twitter.

thanks to all for the kind words both public and private

and in case you don't want to go to the sigblock here are the relevant urls

http://twitter.com/RAINbyte