Morning Charles,

We haven't been approached directly by QS, but they do appear to have made a request directly to HESA for our data.

Many thanks,
Laura
--
Laura Watson

Laura Watson

Statistics Officer

University of St Andrews

Paul Norris wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Morning Charles

This one hasn't reached me yet.  When it does my reaction will likely be to point them at HESA.

Regards

Paul

--
Paul Norris
Head of Planning

Charles Christacopoulos <[log in to unmask]> 5/13/2010 5:38 pm >>>

Hi,

A colleague has received a request for data (quite comprehensive request
I believe) by the company that used to do the University World League
tables for the THES.  According to Wikipedia, the THES and this company
have parted their ways and the THES will be using Thomson Reuters in the
future.

Having looked at the website of the company www.topuniversities.com
(before I figured out all the background info) I did not take it as a
credible outfit.  More like a company building a website to attract
links and try to sell Master's and PhD courses, MBA etc (or advertise
such courses and so on).

A couple of questions.

a. do you take it seriously?  (I know most of us take league tables
/seriously/ when we do well in them and criticise them the rest of times)

b. do you intend to supply few/some/many/none data to fulfill their
request?  (I assume more than us will have got the same request).

Thanks in advance.
Charles

--
Laura Watson

Laura Watson

Statistics Officer

University of St Andrews
The Old Burgh School

Abbey Walk
St
Andrews
KY16 9LB

Tel: 01334 462116

Mob: 07540 671363

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland: No SC013532.