From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Colley, Michael
Sent: 11 May 2010 16:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cobalt and Chromium in hip replacements

A major problem here is that the MHRA specify concentration in parts per billion but do not state whether this is a UK billion (10^12) or a US billion (10^9).

Why can’t they use nmol/L then there would be no confusion.

Anyone have any further info and a guaranteed conversion factor?

Michael

Dr C M Colley

Consultant Chemical Pathologist

Great Western Hospital