From: Neeta Baicher [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 31 March 2010 20:31
To: Suzanne Duval
Subject: FW: [noborderswales] Fw: Racist Demo in Cardiff

As people may be aware, following the electoral sucess of the BNP, a new band of street-thugs has emerged - the Welsh / English Defence League - who have be trying to hold anti-Muslim hate marches across the UK to intimidate. In the long run they would probably like to target all Black, Asian communities, trade unionists etc etc. They have advertised that they will be holding a demonstration in Cardiff in June. There is a meeting to hopefully organise a united response called for Thursday 8th April at Transport House, 1 Cathedral Road, Cardiff from 7.00pm.  See info below & please forward widely to your contacts and networks & hopefully we can defeat them, as our good comrades did in Newport and Swansea last autumn. Best wishes, Adam Johannes

Dear supporter,

Please find below the latest news from Unite Against Fascism Cardiff.

********************

Stop the English Defence League in Dudley!

The English Defence League (EDL) - a group of fascist and racist thugs and football hooligans with links to the Nazi BNP - will be marching in Dudley on Saturday 3rd April to whip up race hatred against Muslims.

These thugs spread fear and terror when they rampaged through Luton and Stoke recently. They smashed cars, attacked shops, and assaulted Asians. When some locals tried to stop them they were called 'race traitors' and attacked.

In Bolton at the weekend members of the EDL stabbed a man in the shoulder with a cut-throat blade after being abusive and aggressive towards customers in a pub.

Don't believe the EDL's lies when it claims to be a 'peaceful' group opposed to 'Muslim extremism'. They are nothing of the sort. The EDL are a group of violent bigots that want to intimidate and attack all ethnic minorities. During their march in Bolton they chanted anti Asian and anti-Semitic slogans.

They should not be allowed to march in Dudley. Join the Unite Against Fascism protest to show these rascists and fascists that they are not welcome here.

Transport from South Wales is being arranged. Please e-mail [log in to unmask] or phone 07737 470156 ASAP if you want to go.

Welsh Defence League demonstration in Cardiff - 5th June

The Welsh Defence League (WDL) have announced they plan to protest in Cardiff on 5th June against a proposed Sharia Law Court.

The WDL is the same as the EDL in that they are a bunch of fascist and racist thugs and football hooligans intent on spreading disunity and hatred amongst our communities and attacking ethnic minorities.

An urgent UAF Cardiff meeting has been called for Thursday 8th April at Transport House, 1 Cathedral Road, Cardiff from 7.00pm to organise a united counter demonstration on 5th June. Please make every effort to attend this meeting.

A press release (attached) has already been out to the media condemning the WDL's planned demonstration with the following quote from Peter Hain MP (Secretary of State for Wales):

"We must unite now to show that Cardiff is closed to racists and fascists. I am appalled to hear that the WDL are planning to bring their poison to Cardiff which has such a proud history of different communities getting along. I call on everyone who is opposed to the BNP/WDL to join together and protest against race hate. We will not let fascists win in Cardiff. Together, we will stop them."

Further information about the UAF Cardiff meeting and the united counter demonstration will be sent out in due course.

--
Robert Goddard