From: Discussion of Welsh language technical terminology and vocabulary [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carolyn
Sent: 28 April 2010 14:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ATB: Uncivilisation

Mae'n ymddangos fel petaen nhw'n defnyddio 'civilisation' fel berf yma ac felly tybed fyddai 'dadwareiddio'n gwneud y tro?

Oddi wrth/From: Discussion of Welsh language technical terminology and vocabulary [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Ar ran Sioned Graham-Cameron
Anfonwyd/Sent: 28 Ebrill 2010 14:37
At/To: [log in to unmask]
Pwnc/Subject: Uncivilisation

Pnawn da! Cael trafferth efo'r gair yma - "Dark Mountain Project" ac yn defnyddio'r gair yn y cyd-destun canlynol:

"These are precarious and unprecedented times. Our economies crumble, while beyond the chaos of markets, the ecological foundations of our way of living near collapse. Little that we have taken for granted is likely to come through this century intact.

We don’t believe that anyone – not politicians, not economists, not environmentalists, not writers – is really facing up to the scale of this. As a society, we are all still hooked on a vision of the future as an upgraded version of the present. Somehow, technology or political agreements or ethical shopping or mass protest are meant to save our civilisation from self-destruction.

Well, we don’t buy it. This project starts with our sense that civilisation as we have known it is coming to an end; brought down by a rapidly changing climate, a cancerous economic system and the ongoing mass destruction of the non-human world. But it is driven by our belief that this age of collapse – which is already beginning – could also offer a new start, if we are careful in our choices.

The end of the world as we know it is not the end of the world full stop.

Deeper than oil, steel or bullets, a civilisation is built on stories: on the myths that shape it and the tales told of its origins and destiny. We have herded ourselves to the edge of a precipice with the stories we have told ourselves about who we are: the stories of ‘progress’, of the conquest of ‘nature’, of the centrality and supremacy of the human species.

It is time for new stories. The Dark Mountain Project intends to conjure into being new ways of seeing and writing about the world. We call this Uncivilisation.

Our aim is to bring together writers and artists, thinkers and doers, to assault the established citadels of literature and thought, and to begin to redraw the maps by which we navigate the places and times in which we find ourselves."

Mae gwefan y prosiect yma:

http://www.dark-mountain.net/about-2/the-project/

Mae anwaraidd / anwareiddiwch ac ati yn swnio braidd yn rhy negyddol i mi, am ryw reswm, gan fod y prosiect yn ceisio cychwyn rhywbeth newydd, ac eto mae'r "un" yn uncivilisation yn awgrymu'r negyddol!

Byddai unrhyw ysbrydoliaeth yn help mawr!

Sioned

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All traffic including GCSx may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation

For the full disclaimer please access http://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/disclaimer

Mae'r neges ar gyfer y person(au) a enwyd yn unig a gall gynnwys deunydd sensitif neu ddeunydd sy wedi'i farcio hyd at 'CYFYNGEDIG' a dylid ei thrin yn unol a hynny. Os nad chi yw'r person a enwyd (neu os nad oes gyda chi'r awdurdod i'w derbyn ar ran y person a enwyd) chewch chi ddim ei chopio neu'i defnyddio, neu'i datgelu i berson arall. Os ydych wedi derbyn y neges ar gam a wnewch roi gwybod i'r sawl sy wedi anfon y neges ar unwaith. Mae modd cofnodi a/neu fonitro holl negeseuon GCSX yn unol a'r ddeddfwriaeth berthnasol.

I weld yr ymwadiad llawn ewch i http://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/ymwadiad