Dear Colleagues and List Members,

Following the successful Tourist Experiences: Meanings, Motivations, Behaviours Conference hosted by the University of Central Lancashire last year, we are pleased to announce the second Tourist Experiences Conference. The conference will again include a dedicated Dark Tourism strand.

The dates of this conference are 13th - 16th April, 2011.

Uniquely, this will be a 'two-centre' conference. The first evening / day of proceedings will be held at UCLan's Preston campus. We shall then transfer to a conference venue located on the shores of Lake Windermere in the beautiful Lake District National Park for a further two days / nights, the conference concluding with a choice of study tours within the park.  The conference fee includes all accommodation, meals and transfers. Student and day rates will also be available.

Please see the attached announcement for the call for papers and for links to the conference venue and Lake District websites.

The conference website is currently under construction; we shall announce when this is accessible.

We would be happy to receive initial expressions of interest, and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries.

Many thanks

PHILIP

Philip R.Stone

Senior University Lecturer
Editor - The Dark Tourism Forum
Course Leader: [International] Tourism Management Undergraduate Programmes

UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL LANCASHIRE (UCLan)
Faculty of Management (SSTO)
Preston
PR1 2HE
United Kingdom

Room: Greenbank 130
Tel: (+44) 01772 894 769 (Direct Line)
Tel: (+44) 01772 894 900 (School Admin Office)
Fax: (+44) 01772 892 927
Email:
University Website: www.uclan.ac.uk
Profile: http://www.uclan.ac.uk/management/ssto/about_the_school/philip_stone.php

NEW BOOK
Sharpley, Richard. & Stone, Philip. (2009) The Darker Side of Travel: the Theory and Practice of Dark Tourism. Aspects of Tourism Series, Channel View Publications: Bristol (further details and links at www.dark-tourism.org.uk )

Dark Tourism is the act of travel to sites of death, disaster and the seemingly macabre... Learn more about the 'darker side of tourism' by visiting The Dark Tourism Forum at www.dark-tourism.org.uk

The Dark Tourism Forum on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Preston-United-Kingdom/The-Dark-Tourism-Forum/106880476179?ref=mf

The Times Good University Guide 2010 (Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism)
- UCLan is a UK Top 3 University for Teaching & Research

The Guardian UK University Guide 2010 (Tourism, Transport & Travel)
- UCLan is ranked No 1 University in  North-West England
- UCLan is ranked No 1 University in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Teaching)