Hi all,

I looked into this after the DNS problems with the UK top level BDII and bar
a bug with the nagios SAM monitoring which had now been fixed I've had no
problems.

LCG_GFAL_INFOSITES can be set to a comma separated list of BDIIs that the
GFAL tools with try each in order.

This appears to be configurable in YAIM with the BDII_LIST setting.

So we've now got LCG_GFAL_INFOSYS set to.

lcgbdii.gridpp.rl.ac.uk:2170,lcg-bdii.gridpp.ac.uk:2170,lcg-bdii.cern.ch:217
0

I'm not sure all the tools use this yet (I found some notes suggesting that
lcg-infosites does not - although it certainly works) but hopefully most do
and it will save some SAM failures and some jobs if anything like this
happens again (or the RAL network goes west).

Yours,
Chris.