Dear Donald,

Splitting them randomly, or drawing new internal boundaries?

For the former I'm afraid I don't know but someone on the list is certain to be able to write some code; the latter could be done nicely if expensively with Analyze AVW. We needed such a function for our atlasing work some years ago (the 2007 Neuroimage paper on the "statistical neuroanatomy" of the inferior frontal gyrus), and the developers kindly added a button called "Split ROI" which appears in the ROI module when you call up the Edit functions. This leaves the original outer boundaries untouched and allows to draw any new internal boundaries, defining the newly created "sub-ROIs" as entirely new ones or adding them to existing ones.

All the best,

Alexander

---------------------------------
Alexander Hammers, MD PhD

NEW Affiliation:
Chair in Functional Neuroimaging
Fondation Neurodis
http://www.fondation-neurodis.org/

NEW Postal Address:
CERMEP – Imagerie du Vivant
Hôpital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer
59 Boulevard Pinel
69003 Lyon
France

Telephone      +33-(0)4-72 68 86 34
Fax                   +33-(0)4-72 68 86 10
Email               [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask];[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Web (London lab)
               http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/people/alexander.hammers.html
               http://www.csc.mrc.ac.uk/Research/Groups/ECN/Epilepsy/
---------------------------------
Other affiliations:

Visiting Reader; Honorary Consultant Neurologist
Division of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Faculty of Medicine
Imperial College London

Room 243, Cyclotron Building
Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London W12 0NN

and

Honorary Reader in Neurology; Honorary Consultant Neurologist
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy
National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery/ Institute of Neurology,
UCL
33 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG