Dear Dartelists!

I have a repeated error when running a 27 subjects dartel batch on a
Win XP 32bit SP3 machine with 4GB RAM with SPM8 under Matlab 2008b

The error is the the following.

Running job #1
Running 'New Segment'
Failed  'New Segment'
Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.
In file "C:\Program Files\spm8\toolbox\Seg\spm_preproc_write8.m"
(v3172), function "affind" at line 429.
In file "C:\Program Files\spm8\toolbox\Seg\spm_preproc_write8.m"
(v3172), function "spm_preproc_write8" at line 241.
In file "C:\Program Files\spm8\toolbox\Seg\spm_preproc_run.m" (v3585),
function "run_job" at line 112.
In file "C:\Program Files\spm8\toolbox\Seg\spm_preproc_run.m" (v3585),
function "spm_preproc_run" at line 27.

No executable modules, but still unresolved dependencies or incomplete
module inputs.
The following modules did not run:
Failed: New Segment
Skipped: Run DARTEL (create Templates)
Skipped: Normalise to MNI Space

It segements correctly 2 or 3 subjects and the suddenly stops.

I do not have this error when running other DARTEL populations on
anther machine with about the same setup (even older and less
powerfull CPU) using the sema batch settings.

Does anyone have any idea why? The "unresolved dependecies" surprise
me because it seems not even to have run until this could come into
play (when changing to Run DARTEL)!

Thanks for any help!
Markus

--

Dr. med. Markus Gschwind, M.D.
Laboratory for Neurology and Imaging of Cognition - Dept of Neurosciences

Tel 0041 (0) 22 379 5324
Fax 0041 (0) 22 379 5402
email: [log in to unmask]
http://labnic.unige.ch