Thanks Guillaume,

so for example, if I have my T contrast of interest being
[0 0 0 1 -.5 -.5 0 0]

I will adjust the extracted data with an F contrast like this
[0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0]

Let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Max

2010/4/19 Guillaume Flandin <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Max,

The peaks are an artefact of whitening (due to the particular form of
the covariance components used to model serial correlations) and I don't
think they will appear if you adjust your times series for the constant
term.
The F-contrast allows you to specify a subspace (its null space, ie the
subspace not spanned by the corresponding partition of the design
matrix) that is removed from the (whitened and filtered) data.
So you should define an "effects of interest" F-contrast where each row
contains a 1 for a regressor of interest, e.g. eye(8). And make sure it
doesn't include the constant term, the movement parameters and any other
covariates of no interest. Others might be able to give you more precise
advice in the context of DCM.

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--