Russian Revival Fund Charity Concert

Psychotherapy Revived

A charity evening in support of continuing professional training in psychotherapy in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Krasnodar.

“A Celebration To Pass The Baton To Our Russian Colleagues”

Hosted by Iain Burnside

Sunday May 9th at 6pm, followed by drinks with canapés.

Hampstead Theatre, Eton Avenue, Swiss Cottage, London NW3 3EU

Box Office : 020 7722 9301 Tickets: £35 including refreshments

Harriet Walter and friends

Michael Pennington

Roderick Williams (baritone)

Evgeny Starodubtsev (piano Laureate, 2009 Honens International Piano Competition, making his UK debut)

Joseph Hurrell (aged 13, trombone)

(Performers subject to availability)

A programme of Russian prose and poetry including Chekhov and Pushkin with music and songs by Tchaikovsky, Shostakovich, Rimsky-Korsakov, Scriabin, Prokofiev amongst others.

The evening will include the first London performance of a specially commissioned piece ‘Prima Materia’ for two voices composed by Roderick Williams.

The Russian Revival Project

The Russian Revival Fund has been working since 1998 to train local mental health professionals in psychotherapeutic approaches which were banned during the Soviet regime. The Project is an official programme of the International Association for Analytical Psychology (IAAP). The first five Russian graduates from our programme became internationally recognised members of the IAAP in 2004. We are delighted to report that there are now thirty qualified analysts in Moscow and St. Petersburg, with more expected to graduate later this year. This exciting news brings the project close to its goal of building a self-sufficient group of Russian analysts who will become the trainers of the future. Their therapeutic skills are urgently needed in the continuing social and economic insecurity of Russian life, which exacts a harsh toll on the emotional and mental well-being of individuals, families and children.

The work continues and, within the past year, a new group of twenty-four Russian psychiatrists and psychologists from Krasnodar, a city in the south of Russia, have begun to train with us. We have involved our IAAP Russian colleagues in helping to deliver this programme, so we are gradually handing over the baton to them. Our colleagues in Russia have now formed The Russian Society of Analytical Psychology (RSAP), which is recognised officially by the IAAP. Until they become a self-sufficient Training Society which is planned for 2013, they will still require our financial and professional expertise to complete their training. For this, and to engage these new trainees from Krasnodar, we need money. We are enormously grateful to the distinguished actors, singers and musicians who are giving their skills to us for the evening. Please give generously and we wish you a most enjoyable evening.

For more information about the charity, please visit www.russianrevival.co.uk

Russian Revival Fund Donation form

I enclose a donation of £ ___________

Name __________________________

Address __________________________

__________________________

Phone No. __________________________

Email __________________________

Cheques payable to Russian Revival Fund

Send to :

Freepost, c/o Society of Analytical Psychology, 1 Daleham Gardens, London NW3 5BY

Or I wish to pay by credit card (cc facility administered by Charities Aid Foundation)

I want all donations to the Russian Revival Fund to be treated as Gift Aid. I confirm I pay UK income tax.

Registered Charity 238441