Dear All

I have been asked for some help by a non-member in identifying some etchings based on RK's Jungle Book. Attached are four jpg files, two with enlargements of the artist's monogram, and two of the series of 13 etchings.

The only information that my correspondent has is that she does not think that the prints come from a book, and that they were auctioned in Germany around 1970. I have not seen anything like them, and if you maximise the prints, one definitely shows Mowgli 'in puris naturalibus'.

My best guess at the monograms are that the letters are "M.B." or perhaps M.J.B."

All suggestions as to the history or these prints and to the identity of the artist will be gratefully received.

Yours, David