There is also a BBC item which shows a picture of the inscription. None of the print media seem to have noted that it was written at Tisbury when the Kipling family were over from Brattleboro'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts_and_culture/8609766.stm
Yours, David

From: Bryan Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 9 April, 2010 10:12:40
Subject: Wimpole Hall inscribed Jungle Book in the news

Today's "The Times" at page 19 has a news item - "The Jungle Book for Kiping's child" - about discovery in their library of a 1st edn of The Jungle Book inscribed to Josephine, evidently by Rudyard. The item is illustrated with a photo of the book being held by Olga Damant, described as" a volunteer".  Last summer I met Olga as she is ceramics curator at the Hall,we have corresponded about plates decorated by Lockwood which I noticed there.

There is a longer article in today's Daily Telegraph -  "Mowgli, for little Josephine - First edition of Jungle Book found in UK library "
and a brief note in The Scotsman.

The site Histortimes.com has an article on the cataloguing process and a link to the online catalogue.

It would be interesting to have a talk or article about the Wimpole Hall library.

Bryan Diamond