What will you accept? It sounds like you have ruled out many credible
sources.

What evidence do you have for  preferring "independent (meaning
non-governmental) research"? Independent often means crap.

The government does not do research. It just funds it.

You are more likely to get data from "greenies" or companies. Unlike the
government, both camps know the answers before they ask the questions.

Sadly, a lot of academic research also comes with funding from one of these
sources which can also colour the results.

While they may not fit into the straitjacket you requested, the other

Be especially wary of "independent consultants" bearing gifts. I have a
wonderful quote on this from Julia King, VC of Aston University, on
subjecting that sort of guff to peer review. (I have asked her if I can use
it in public.)

So, trace back any data you see to the original sources.

MK