Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:34:13 +0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fw: Design as Research / Absolute Creativity
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Dianne Allen , Delysia Norelle Timm and all

I like all the questions which were put to me and maybe to all of you ....Yes , brief of my autobiography:
I am vicente Antonio Halle, born on 25th january 1978 in Mutarara distrit which is found in Tete province . Tete is one of the central region province ( check the map of Mozambique). i am the second of 7 children and now i am representing the family as the first born child after my elder brother died on 19th May 2007 while i was in Kenya studying and my mother passed away on 20th march 2006. When i was 8th we ( my family and other mozambicans) had to flee to Malawi ( a neighboring country) due to the civil war between FRELIMO and RENAMO. we stayed in Malawi during 8 years in the refugee campus,,,,i cant tell you the conditions....sleep on the ground and under the trees and without cloths to cover...., no food and without school until the Jesuits Society, a religious congregation within catholic church, open schools for refugees. I did my primary school in Malawi under the trees until we were repartriated to Mozambique. Coming back to Mozambique que had to stay in the campus again because we did not have resources to start life( my friends,,,i cant tell you everything but just read, watch and reflect on Dafur region, Somalia and other countries which had this experience). When i finished my form IV , my parents did not have resource to look after us soon after refugee experience...children like my age on those day were getting married , etc, etc. i had to join the religious brothers where i made my first profession as Marist Brothers on 3rd July in 2004, in Zimbabwe. As Marist brothers, our charism is education and i had to teach catechism , Religious studies, Divinity, Morality and mathematics in countries like Malawi, Zimbambwe, RDC-Kinshasa, kenya, Zambia, Joburg, and other countries like Tanzania, etc. I was always teaching children who are or were most in need or neglected or who did not have conditions according to the demand of the region or setup.

Now am no longer a marist Brother , i had to leave after asking permission to the Vatican , that is, through the dispensation letter from Vatican. I was studying at Catholic University of eastern Africa in kenya doing my BA in education especially in mathematics and statistics. Coming back to maputo , now i am teaching mathematics and statistics to the first years students of our university which is private....Remember, our quality of education is too low and the Minister of education even release a note that those who have 4 years BA degree can teach other degree students....we have few masters and PHD lecturers in our universities here in Maputo....

Now , am trying to pre-register at DUT but i am waiting for the final say of SAQA. I always thank Sundeep of DUT, Joan Africa of DUT, Delysia and all DUT staff like Prof. Moyo in supporting me. I will not forget to thanks Jack Whitehead and Joan whitehead for wonderfull workshop which we had in Durban at Botanic Garden. i am longing to be with you in Australia but my biggest problem is to find someone of goodwill to sponsor me because i dont and i cant manage in term of finance to sponsor myself. I am praying hard that the Lord jesus will help me .....

My research proposal is entitled " how do i enhance my own understanding of the quality of mathematics education in Mozambique". I do believe that i will receive a lot of help. Please Mozambique needs your help and i do believe one day we can organize such type of meeting here in Maputo-Mozambique at Joaquim Chissano Conference hall( a beautifull place).

Thanks to you all and God bless and have a blessed weekend!

Vicente Antonio Halle