I think I would agree. They werent my kind of poetry, but some had a
bite.

Doug
On 21-Apr-10, at 8:00 AM, Tim Allen wrote:

> I would challenge that. Her poems have never done much for me except
> irritate but nevertheless there is a case to be made for the
> stringent quality of her earlier work, it had an edge. Now that edge
> is gone.
>
> Tim A.
>
> On 21 Apr 2010, at 14:50, Dominic Fox wrote:
>
>> CAD may be the first holder of the post whose laureate poems are no
>> worse than
>> her pre-laureate output.
>>
>> Dominic

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

                                     The secret

I was immediately set upon by two or three
critics, who hurled sophistries and
maledictions at me that were astonishing
in their dimness.

	Jorge Luis Borges