David Bircumshaw wrote:
> The point is, Bob, that the very narrow cultural space allowed to
> non-commercial 'serious' poetry, a space comparable to a gannet's nest on a
> cliff-face, is under pressure from a language and set of attitudes leaking
> out of the business world's mindset, like a broken waste-pipe, which is no
> way compatible with said non-commercial poetry. The case in point of the
> invasion of inappropriate business speak into the presentation of Salt's
> books is unfortunately exemplary.
I'm afraid I can only find it amusing, David.  Possibly because I'm too
marginal to feel threatened by anything out of the business world's
mindset.  Which, by the way, I think is as inappropiate for business
most of the time as it is for the arts.  Not up to saying more about
it.  Just had to make my little pop-off.

all best, Bob