Hi Lyn

It would seem that the company is at fault that you did not receive the pre employment questionnaire. As far as I am aware (I am not a lawyer!) he has not gained any employment protection and the company would be within their rights to dismiss him. It may seem unfair and you may be advised to keep out of the argument between this chap and the company.

Even the best companies slip up.

I hope that helps

Christopher Field