Dear All,

I have a friend who seems to be suffering from of some degree of Psychosis or personality disorder . This all started in December last year. She said she was preparing dinnner when she started to feel unwell and described the experience is as if somebody had given her something trippy. That night she started to hear voices and the voices were telling her that she was going to be killed. One of the voices was her brothers. She grabbed a knife and tried to escape her boyfriend was with her all the time heard notthing. He ate the same food as her and nothing.

She then convinced herself it was her work that was doing everything spying on her and trying to poison her. She stopped eating at home and restorted to carrying any food with her. She is under the mental health crisis team and an OH adviser.

Now that she has not been to work for several months - she is now accusing her friends and her boyfriend of doing all the bad things that are happening to her.

She is hearing a male voice when she is alone telling her not to trust her boyfriend or her friends that we are out to get her and cause her unhappiness as we betrayed her. She thinks that people are talking about her when she is out shopping and they know things about her.

In December she was due to sell her flat and move somewhere else. I think this may have triggered events. Her Father committed suicide in his early 70's and that time neither her or her two brothers were speaking to the father whose behaviour had become erratic as he was convinced that someone was to get him.

I have spent days with so she would not be alone and she is displaying symptoms of paranioa. She thinks I am talking about her all the time and that I am the one who is making her life unbearable. I think that she is terrified. She has only started taking anti - depressants. She thinks she is being bugged and that is how people know so much about her. She says she has set test on to people to see if they are betraying her. She says she is not having a break down or suffering psychosis that she would know if she was that she is intelligent enough to work it out.

The Mental Health team have said to her to make herself feel as secure as possible if people are out to get her. They have started to weigh her incase the anorexia has returned. I do not think that she is telling them as much as she is telling them. I know that she would not harm herself but I do think that this more than a bit of parnanoia and anxiety.

Please help. I am at a loss and heartbroken that my best friend thinks that I would try to jeapordise anything in her life!

Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up now. ******************************** Please remove this footer before replying.