Hi Folks,

A bit of advice if you will – I have a fifty something year old lady with no previous medical history.  She had been working but then complained of feeling hot and dizzy, sat down on a chair then got up to go into another room, froze at the doorway, her arms were shaking, she started mumbling, wet herself and fell down. She has no recollection of the event, refused to go to A&E and after a while drove herself home. (This all happened whilst I was away last week!!)

She stated to a colleague that she went to see her GP who told her she had just fainted!  There was a witness who thinks it looked more like a fit, which I tend to agree with based on what was witnessed.  She has been referred to me as a management referral

My concerns are that if it was a fit and she has not been diagnosed officially and she is in denial or whatever, she could be in danger at work,  she regularly carries equipment and  frequently uses the stairs.  Any ideas how to deal with this one most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sue

Sue Mann
Occupational Health Nurse Adviser
John Innes Centre/Institute of Food Research/TOC/TSL/TGAC
Norwich BioScience Institutes
Tel: 01603 450564
Fax: 01603 450029