From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Diane Romano-Woodward
Sent: 08 April 2010 09:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: OHA giving medication

Hello Anne and list
There is an exemption in the medicines act which  allows OH nurses to give
out medication with a "medical direction" or similar- basically like a PGD
but without a pharmacist involvement(but will need DR input.) If you don't
want to provide this service, point out that it is not a good us of
expensive OHN time, and persuade them to put a vending machine somewhere
which wil be avaible 24 hours a day for the employees..
If they  insist they want the service,(customer is king!) I suggest only
provide it for a short period of the day e.g. a "drop in" for half an hour
morning and afternoon.

Contact me offline if you want to discuss further..
Cheers
Diane

  _____

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up
<http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/>  now.

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: