have you talked to the Brompton team

Shelley Cook

obende patricia <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: [log in to unmask]

15/04/2010 13:54
Please respond to
Occupational Health mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Chest Physiotherapy

Caterpillar: Confidential Green        Retain Until: 15/05/2010

Hi List,
I have just seen a client who  is a class  teacher .
Works with children aged 3-4 years. task involves physical activities with the children.

Recurrent chest infection. provisional diagnosis pleurisy
Initially seen by GP  Nov 2009 had  had four course of different antibiotic including third generation  Clarithromycin, cefuroxime .

Self Referred to private Doctor
Pneumonia suspected working diagnosis hyper- reactivity probably triggered by infective illness with pluerisy
Chest x-ray nil on note C reactive protein ,connective tissue auto  anti body  ESR and ultra sound  nil finding

Long history you might say but that is OH

The client reported improvement in health but some pleuritic pain remains. Feels able to return on school resumption.Functional ability reported  was limited physical activity due to pain and breathlessness.
My portion is that I am of the opinion that chest physio  will be helpful for rehabilitation if the diagnosis  is adequate
NOW  not only will I need to find a physio with interest on chest physio but also am looking for evidence to support this  could this  be out dated ?
Any help, opinion and suggestion is highly appreciated
Thanks
Patricia