Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for local history stock policies.  I now have a number of documents from different regions and these will enable me to create my own using existing best practice.

I am willing to forward these examples and my own policy to others on request.  If you shared your documents with me and do not want me to send them on to anyone else please let me know.

Regards,

Kate

From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katie Hanks
Sent: 11 March 2010 12:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Local History Collections

Does anyone have a stock policy for a local history collection which they would be willing to share with me, or any comments about this topic?

I will summarise comments for the list.

Thank you,

Katie

Kate Hanks

Local History Librarian

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. The copyright in all documentation is the property of the Borough of Poole and this email and any documentation must not
be copied or used other than as strictly necessary for the purpose of this email without prior written consent which may be subject to conditions. Any view
or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the 'Borough of Poole' or any of its individual departments.
Whilst the council does not pro-actively monitor electronic mail, it reserves the right to inspect outgoing emails from the council system. If you have
received this Email in error please contact the sender by return and confirm that its contents have been destroyed. Telephone enquiries should be directed to the Borough switchboard on 01202 633633