CILIP Training & Development are pleased to announce our June 2010 courses.

Don't forget - CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP training.

HANDLING ENQUIRIES REMOTELY: EFFECTIVE ENQUIRY ANSWERING BY PHONE AND EMAIL
9 JUNE 2010, LONDON
Responding to enquiries by phone or email, we are deprived of almost all the clues we take for granted face-to-face. With no eye contact, facial expression or body language it's vital to manage communications with the enquirer effectively. Designed for experienced enquiry handlers, this highly practical course demonstrates the special techniques needed in managing and operating a remote enquiry service.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
* Setting up and running your service
* Handling tricky enquiries
* Delivering your answers

FULL DETAILS:
http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/handling-enquiries-remotely.aspx

GENERIC SOCIAL OUTCOMES IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES
15 JUNE 2010, LONDON
This new CILIP course brings together the concept of 'generic social outcomes' that the MLA has introduced as an important step towards understanding the impact public libraries have. You will examine the tools to measure projects, set social and learning outcomes and explore how to work with partners to reach new audiences.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
* Understanding the language of outputs, outcomes and impact
* Working with partners
* Analysing and interpreting qualitative responses

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/generic-social-outcomes-public-libraries.aspx

COMMUNITY PROFILING IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES
16 JUNE 2010, LONDON
Do you need to demonstrate how your service adds value to the community?  Community profiling will help you better service your customers by increasing your knowledge of the community, discovering trends and identifying needs. Learn to engage with hard to reach communities and use statistical sources to gather local area information.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
* What is a community profile?
* Research methods
* Engaging hard to reach communities
* Implications for change

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/community-profiling-public-libraries.aspx

VIRAL MARKETING FOR PROMOTING LIS
10 JUNE 2010, LONDON
'Viral', 'buzz' and 'word of mouth' marketing are currently recognised as some of the most effective marketing techniques available. Deepen your knowledge on this participative workshop and develop a set of tools and techniques to support viral marketing in your service.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
* What is 'viral', 'buzz' and 'word of mouth' marketing?
* Defining the message
* Who will spread the message?

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/viral-marketing-promoting-lis.aspx