“What can joining the Libraries for Nursing Committee do for you?”

Libraries for Nursing (LfN) is a partnership organisation of CILIP's Health Libraries Group.

We work to support library and information staff in the nursing and allied health fields.

Our objectives are:

  • To provide a focal point for professional contact and discussion amongst qualified librarians/members of CILIP serving nurses
  • To promote a dialogue between nurses and librarians and a greater understanding of the roles and functions of the two professions
  • To bring together periodically persons involved in the provision of library and information services for nurses.

We currently have the following vacancies on the committee:

  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Membership secretary
  • Ordinary committee members

(job descriptions are available and some posts can possibly be shared – we can discuss).

So why might you want to become involved?

  • Personal and professional development
  • Undertaking chartership or revalidation
  • Get involved in projects beyond the scope of your day to day work (e.g. help to organise a training event, or edit a bulletin) to add to your CV ?
  • Widen your professional contacts
  • A chance to speak up for your profession

We meet about 3 or 4 times a year, usually at CILIP in London.  LfN will pay travel expenses and a lunch allowance.  In between the meetings much of the work is undertaken via email correspondence

If you would like to find out more about becoming involved with the LfN committee, please email or give me a call.

For more information on the work of the group, visit our website:

www.cilip.org.uk/lfn.

Regards,

Jane Shelley,

Chair, LfN

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: 0845 196 3760

EMERGING EXCELLENCE: In the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008, more than 30% of our submissions were rated as 'Internationally Excellent' or 'World-leading'.
Among the academic disciplines now rated 'World-leading' are Allied Health Professions & Studies; Art & Design; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Music; Psychology; and Social Work & Social Policy & Administration.
Visit www.anglia.ac.uk/rae for more information.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and then immediately delete the e-mail from your system.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.

Although measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which may not be a 100% secure communications

Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email management service