A question that we at UEA have been working on a lot lately!

Our LMS, Aleph, has (always had) such a facility. The baseline setup has limitations, so the company, Ex Libris, also supply add-ons with some greater flexibility, and in the past we have used one such add-on, called LABEL_PRINT, to work with Aleph to print spine labels to Dymo label printers (technical details, from documentation of several years ago, copied below). We scan barcodes into a function in Aleph, and it prints on Dymo exactly as we want.

Recently, we have been looking at alternatives, because Aleph cannot parse (split onto new lines) LC classmarks as we want it to now that we have moved to strict LC style. After some difficulties, we are planning to use 'plain' Aleph (no add-ons), but need to do some more changes to the Aleph print templates before it works properly. This isn't a major issue for us because most stock is now supplied shelf-ready, and until this works, our staff are just using the Dymos as independent printers.

HTH. Best wishes,

Alan

Suppliers web address is

http://www.shopbrodart.com

We use the LabelWriter 330 Turbo which will print 30 labels a minute.

The labels are 1 inch x 1 1/2inch - Brodart code 30 319 002

Economic label protectors code 55 276 002

Superbond label protectors code 55 775 001

Prices are all in the catalogue & online.

==============================
Mr A.V. Exelby,
Systems/Databases Librarian.
The Library,
University of East Anglia,
Norwich, NR4 7TJ

Tel.: 01603 592432
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Information Services
"Man, who'd have thought being a librarian could be so tough"
Seamus Harper, in 'Harper 2.0', "Andromeda".