*********Second Reminder******Apologies for cross-posting**********************

Dear Colleagues,

This is the second reminder of the call for papers for City University's Centre for Competition and Regulatory Policy Summer Workshop, which will take place at City University, London, on Thursday 8th July through Friday 9th July 2010.

We would like to invite you to submit an extended abstract of a paper or work-in-progress (2-4 pages).The areas to be covered in the workshop will include the following:

 *   Economic Regulation of Infrastructure Industries (including for example: Telecoms, Electricity, Water and other infrastructure industries such as airports, postal services, etc)
 *   General, Legal and Industry/Market specific Competition Policy Issues
 *   Economic Regulation of Financial Services and Similar, including economic regulation of Quasi-Markets (e.g. Health, Education and other public services)
 *   Boundaries and overlaps between Economic Regulation and Competition Policy for Utilities and Networks, Financial Services, Quasi-Markets, etc.

We welcome both theoretical and empirical papers, including case study oriented work. As this is a workshop, we are very happy to accept abstracts of work which will not be at the "full paper stage" by the time of the workshop - for planning purposes only please do make this clear at submission.
For this conference we would particularly welcome papers, firstly, on water and related environmental issues; and, secondly, on competition issues in health services.  If there are sufficient papers on either or both, we will run dedicated sessions or a half-day.  This would follow the very successful water half-day at the summer 2009 Workshop at Aston. (http://www.city.ac.uk/economics/news.html)

Abstracts/papers should be emailed to either Xeni Dassiou [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and/or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (preferably both).

Important dates

Submission deadline: Sunday 9th May 2010

Notification of acceptance of paper: Monday 31st May 2010

Provisional programme: Friday 4th June 2010

Papers to discussants: Monday 21st June 2010
Definitive programme and final registration: Monday 28th June 2010

Paper submission for copies: Thursday 1st July 2010

Presentation slides: Monday 5th July 2010

Feel free to distribute this email to potentially interested colleagues and/or your local mailing lists.

Best wishes,

Xeni

Dr Xeni Dassiou

Reader in Economics

Director, Centre for Competition & Regulatory Policy

Acting Director, MSc Economic Regulation & Competition

Economics Department

School of Social Sciences - Room D320

City University London

Northampton Square

London EC1V 0HB

Phone:  (0) 20 7040 0206

Fax:      (0) 20 7040 8580

www.city.ac.uk<http://www.city.ac.uk>

web page: www.staff.city.ac.uk/x.dassiou<http://www.staff.city.ac.uk/x.dassiou>

http://www.city.ac.uk/economics/CCRP/CCRP.html

This email and its contents are the property of City University London. If you are not the intended recipient of this message and any attached files, please delete it. Unauthorised copying or distribution of this message, its attachments or parts thereof, is strictly prohibited unless specifically stated otherwise.