Dear All,

I know I said there would be no further general e mails about this meeting…I lied! Actually there was a request for the information to be generally circulated again, and I wanted to make two further requests myself.

Firstly the venue, date and time of the meeting is Durham City,  May 20th 1pm - 5pm with a field visit on May 21st to Medieval Barforth (where work funded by HLS will be ongoing) and Roman Piercebridge  (leaving Durham 9 am and returning to Durham by 1pm - a certain amount of car pooling/lifts to and from Durham will be available for those coming via train/plane). A draft agenda and general meeting information is now ready and will be circulated only to those interested in attending by the end of this week.

It was brought to my attention that the name of the meeting may be off-putting, this is not just for 'Countryside Advisors' but for anyone who gives countryside advice - with the proposed rise in HLS agreements we are particularly interested in how local authorities without countryside advisors are handling the increase. Could you please forward this information to anyone who might be interested in attending? Much of the meeting will be given over to current changes to the FEP process, with an update on the revised service standard, discussion of Natural England's targets for 2010/2011 and beyond, and a 'workshop' on best practice/hint and tips. If you have an agenda item you would like added (especially items other than HLS - of which we have none!) please let me know.

If you can not attend the meeting but would be happy to provide some feedback regarding HLS in your area to circulate at the meeting, please could you answer the attached (hopefully short) questions, and e mail them to [log in to unmask]

Lastly, if you are interested in hosting the next meeting (a southern host is probably overdue?) please let me know and I will put you forward at the May meeting.

Best wishes,

Clare Henderson

Assistant Archaeology Officer

Archaeology Section

Design and Historic Environment Team

Planning Service

Regeneration and Economic Development

Durham County Council

Rivergreen Centre

Aykley Heads

Durham

DH1 5TS

Tel: 0191 3708844

Fax: 0191 3708897

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.