From: GP-UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Bromley
Sent: 26 April 2010 13:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 2 assertions on appraisal and (re)validation

Exactly. I have always been very strict on antibiotic prescribing etc. As a result of this, not as popular as my colleague. I am now trying very hard to put a very positive spin on all consultations although not always easy, without compromising my standards. In this present world we live in you cannot say no to anything, cannot be negative, no-one ever fails exams

............................................ the world is always very rosy. The truth is that it is NOT!!

I do think that this government and the 'nanny state' have a lot to answer for which will never be corrected now.

Does anyone know a positive way of NOT giving antibiotics, apart from saying 'the good news is that you do not have a chest infection and therefore do not need antibiotics that could breed out more dangerous bugs for you'.

Best wishes

Paul

similarly pt satisfaction surveys are not good. often the doctor who never says no will get great reports; decline a referral or antibiotics and guess the result.

Best Wishes

Paul Bromley

www.informatiks.com
Custom EMIS LV Software.