Dear Colleague

Re: Museum Careers Guidebook

Please find attached a copy of the Museum Careers Guidebook, published by the North East Regional Museums Hub. The guide was created to raise awareness of the range of jobs that exist in the museum and gallery sector. Students can find out more about the variety of careers through job profiles and interviews with members of staff. There are also hints and tips on gaining the right qualifications and getting relevant experience, in addition to advice on how to get that all important ‘foot in the door.’

The guide was successfully launched during a recent Museum Careers Event at Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens, with excellent feedback from participating students:

“There are more jobs than I thought there would be!”

“I’ve learned how fun & interesting Museums and Galleries can be!”

“There are good jobs and volunteering opportunities in the museum. I would do them!”

If you would like FREE additional copies of the Museum Careers Guidebook for your school or college please contact the Hub Learning Team on 0191 263 9860, or e-mail: [log in to unmask]

You can also download a PDF version by visiting the following websites hosted by Hub Learning Team:

www.innovart.ning.com

(a network site for Art Teachers & Gallery Educators in the North East)

www.thmsnetwork.ning.com

(a network site for History Teachers and Museum Educators in the North East)

We hope you find the publication useful to you and your students.

Best wishes

Thomas Elwick

Hub Learning Officer (KS3/4)

The North East Regional Museums Hub

Thomas Elwick
Hub Learning Officer
Regional Museums Hub
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums
Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths and Museum
Buddle Street
Wallsend
Newcastle NE28 6HR
Tel: 0191 263 9860
Mobile: 0791 969 5512
Fax: 0191 263 9684
Email: [log in to unmask]

 Vote for the Great North Museum to win the Art Fund Prize:
www.artfundprize.org.uk/2010/vote/

Help us to celebrate the 150th anniversary of South Shields Museum & Art Gallery by making a donation today. Donate to support the inspirational learning and community programmes for children and families. To find out more, please visit http://www.twmuseums.org.uk/southshields/

Leader of the North East Regional Museums Hub

Our mission is to help people determine their place in the world and define their identities, so enhancing their self-respect and respect for others.  Find out more at: www.twmuseums.org.uk

2009 North East Public Sector Organisation of the year.

v.1TWAM

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify your IT

department.

All incoming and outgoing email are monitored for compliance with Tyne and Wear Museums email, Internet and security policy.

This email has been swept by MIMEsweeper.