Please see below for details of a freelance position with the English Heritage Education Team.

Lynne Minett
Education Manager (North of England)

Each year at the Festival of History the English Heritage education team organise a host of activities for families in the 'Family Activity Tent'.  Last year we had 7000+ visitors to the tent over 2 days.

This year we're working in partnership with Ecclesiastical Insurance to deliver a series of activities for families in the Family Activity Tent at the Festival of History 2010.  The overall theme of activities in the family tent will be ‘Make History’.  The event will take place at Festival of  History, Kelmarsh Hall, Northamptonshire, on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th July.

The principal outcome of each day’s activities will be a number of pieces of collaborative creative artwork for long term display in the education space at a number of English Heritage historic properties. We are looking to appoint a Creative Facilitator to lead and facilitate this activity.  We anticipate the Creative Facilitator will create EH historic property-inspired art and work with participants at the event to produce pieces of collaborative artwork.

Expressions of interest, a quote for the work including travel and project materials with a covering letter summarising relevant previous experience and suggestions as to how this project may be developed, are invited from consultantsshould be sent to Kate Davies at the address below by 17th May.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Kate
 Kate Davies
Education Volunteers Manager