Sorry if this is a very basic question; I was hoping for some clarification on a point that seems to have been mentioned elsewhere on this listserv. Regarding “actual” b-values calculated from the trace of the full b-matrix – the values for the “B0” images technically have some non-zero b-value corresponding to the diffusion weighting imparted by the imaging gradients. It seems that someone has already asked a similar question about the opposite case (i.e. whether the actual or “ideal” b-values should be used for the high b-value cases)… I was wondering about the B0 case: Is it more accurate/appropriate to use the actual computed b-values for the “B0”/”reference”/”non-diffusion-weighted” images or is it more correct to flag the non-diffusion weighted volumes with b-values of “0.00”? Moreover, how would this affect, in particular, the registration/eddy current correction and the tensor calculation if the actual b-values were used versus if the b-values for the “reference” images were artificially assigned to be 0? Thank you, so much in advance.

Sincerely,

Dharshan

--

Dharshan Chandramohan