Thanks, a follow-up question, should we use intensity normalization instead?

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi - using confounds can indeed help, though we wouldn't recommend global
> mean timeseries for this.   Better options are confound timeseries from
> physiological monitoring, head motion parameters, and timeseries derived
> from conservative white matter and CSF masks / voxels.
> Cheers.
>

> On 7 Apr 2010, at 16:55, Ciara McCabe wrote:
>
> Dear FSl
>
> I have recently completed resting state analysis using the hypothesis driven
> approach using featquery to get the timeseries and then using this in the
> FEATS as a regressor  then group differences
>

> Im wondering though if I need to go back and use a global time series as
> another regressor in each lower level feat to remove noise such as breathing
> etc?
>
> any help much appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Ciara

> Stephen M. Smith, Professor of Biomedical Engineering
> Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre
>
> FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
> +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
> [log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

Best Regards

Xue, Feng Phd. candidate
Major in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience

National Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning
Beijing Normal University
Beijing, China. 100875
Tel: +86-13810154455
web: http://psychbrain.bnu.edu.cn