Dear Listserv,
Sorry for the duplicate post, but my first message did not appear to post properly due to the my attept to include attachments (not included in this posting).

I’m running into some inconsistent and curious problems with FEAT registration of functional data to both standard space and high resolution images.  What is inconsistent is that these registration problems do not occur consistent for all subjects nor are the registration problems consistent across subject when there is a problem (e.g., for some it appears as those I to S in inverted, while for others there is rotation about A to P).  Furthermore, inspection of the log files does not indicate that an error or warning was generated during registration.

My data are in NIFTI format (converted from ANFI format using 3dAFNItoNIFTI –prefix (new file name) –pure (old file name), and the specified geometry for both functional and structural images is identical for all subjects.  When I open functional date in which there was problematic registration in either AFNI or FSLVIEW, the images look fine with the axes labeled consistently.  Thus, I believe there must be some sort of problem with how FEAT is registering my functional images – for some subjects.

As the data acquisition, processing, and model set-up were identical for these cases, I’m unclear as to what may be causing the registration problems.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

P.S.  I will add that if I converted data from AFNI to ANALYZE format and specified and LPI orientation, I did not have registration problems.  However, there was a R – L mislabeling that occurred and I would thus prefer to work in NIFTI format.