Dear Tibor,

The simulation is done by specifying the change in T2*.
This is the physical quantity that changes.  In order to
model how this relates to the stimulation requires something
like a double-gamma HRF convolution, a more sophisticated
balloon model, or something else.  As there is fully correct,
understood and validated way to predict the BOLD response
from the stimulation (this is an active field of research) the
simulation does not impose a model.  It requires the user to
select a model appropriate for their own purposes and then
simply specify the result, in terms of T2* changes.  I hope
this is clear.  If you are happy with a standard HRF model,
then convolving with a double-gamma (or even a single gamma)
and then converting signal change into T2* is what is required.

As for the time - I'm not surprised by the 5.9 days.  With your
resolution and number of time points it is an *intensive* calculation
process.  Also this is only an estimate, so it could be more than
this too.  It is based on timing tests done with our server, so it
depends on the relative performance of those machines.

In order to utilize other cores in your cluster you must install
and use SGE.  The FMRIB web pages and email list has
details on setting this up.

I still strongly recommend that you do a small test (e.g. one
slice) before proceeding to anything larger.

All the best,
	Mark