Hello, all

I'm beginner of FSL and DTI processing.
I am really wondering how to process distorted diffusion tensor images.

My images from 3T phillips scanner show some distortion in frontal area.
I want to correct this distortion, but I don't have filed maps.
And most of papers using DTI, they didn't mention about how they dealt with this type of problem.

First of my problem during DTI processing is making brain mask using BET.
Is it necessary that all of the distorted part is included as brain?
If some part of the distorted areas cut off from the brain, is that problem for following process or if all of the distorted areas are included as brain, will it make a problem?
OR Should I correct the distortion?
If I should do that, how to do that when I don't have field maps?

Thanks in advance.

EJ